VMware Cloud Community
jpearson_ngds
Contributor
Contributor

Emulated VMware Environment

Question for the community:

Would you be interested in, use, and subscribe to a solution that allowed you to build a VMware infrastructure in an emulator? You could build, save, and validate your design/ build from the ground up.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@jpearson_ngds 

How would this differ from a nested, a physical, or a cloud-based lab which many people already make use of? Do you have some specific use cases in mind?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
jpearson_ngds
Contributor
Contributor

@scott28tt This would be cloud based or local emulator that would not have the hardware requirements of platforms out there. Could be used for validation of a design, build, etc. You could possibly run automation scripts against it, possibly have small workloads or traffic to validate functionality, work on designs for greenfield/ brownfield offline, and more. This would work for customers, vCommunity, SEs/SAs, partners, and more. 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@jpearson_ngds 

Does your offering already exist? Which VMware products/solutions does it support?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
jpearson_ngds
Contributor
Contributor

@scott28tt Not currently, looking for interest within the community. I am looking for it to support most from ESXi to VCF.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos