VMware Cloud Community
Terodelacruz
Contributor
Contributor

Display adapter not working?

2000/SP4 and there is something wrong on ATI -drivers, when I buut up virtual 2000, it always promts that ATI display cannot be initialized......

I have try install Tools, but nothing is happening. I can run that system only on 640x480/16 mode...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
rsa911
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Which vmware product are you using ?

anyway, whatever product it is, the display adapter inside the guest O/S is an emulated one, not the one from your host machine...

so it's useless trying to install an ATI driver since no ATI card is/will ever be present in your virtual machine...

maybe you did convert a physical machine to a virtual one ? if so you will need to remove old drivers / hardware from the converted machine...

All the drivers you need are provided by the vmware tools

0 Kudos
Terodelacruz
Contributor
Contributor

Newbie for a goal! ~~~~~~~\~~ (doing some waves with hands)...

Yes actually, I did install another virtual machine (XP) and manage install Tools without any problems.

Then I copy this folder C:\program files\vmware\drivers\video to that another (W2k) virtualmachine and install display adapter from that folder.

It seems to work guite well..

null

0 Kudos
Ken_Cline
Champion
Champion

Please use the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points...

What VMware product so we can move to the correct forum?

Ken Cline VMware vExpert 2009 VMware Communities User Moderator Blogging at: http://KensVirtualReality.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
Terodelacruz
Contributor
Contributor

Please use the Helpful/Correct buttons to award

points...

I cannot do it, because it is my own post 8D

I not sure how this stuff works..

What VMware product so we can move to the correct

forum?

Target computer has Workstation, but I did create those necessary drivers with VMserver.

I simply migrate those with USB HDD.

0 Kudos