VMware Cloud Community
vabyad
Contributor
Contributor

Creating Windows Virtual Appliace

All,

My company is interested in joining the Virtual Appliane market, we build a software product for windows and linux, I am confident in building a linux appliance however the windows one I am not so much since there is lots of licensing that comes into to mix for keeping compliant with Microsofts EULA. Has anyone come up with a good solution on how to do that so that I do not get nabbed by big bad bill?

I am not sure if I posted in the right group I apologize for that.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Microsoft has a VHD Test Drive program to take care of the licensing portion of this for you - there's an email address on this page that you can use for more information . The program is based on using Virtual Server so they may not allow the use of VMware products as the host.

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

you amy have an opening if you get on the OEM system builders program, this will allow you package your server with MS licensed product, also talk to them about 180 day timed bombed OS's for sales pitches,

However I am with the other poster regarding their posible reluctance to offer support to none VHD formats

Kind Regards

Tom,

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos