VMware Cloud Community
hiroy
Contributor
Contributor

Certified Virtualization Expert (CVE) VMware course

Hi,

The Certified Virtualization Expert (CVE) VMware course does anyone have an opinion on whether this course that is offered is it beneficial in any way?

Is it a waste of time and money? Should it be skipped?

Thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Whether a certification is beneficial is determined by who is wanting to hire them - I would take a look at the Job Postings and see if any one if asking for it - I think you will find in the industry the preferred certification is VCP -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
hiroy
Contributor
Contributor

Just to clarify I am not asking if the certification is beneficial - I asking if the course is or was beneficial or just a waste of time and money.

Thanks...

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Whether a course is any good depends on two things - 1) the materials and course development and the 2) the instructor - I cannot speak to the CVE course materials but I do not it follws the VMware Install and Conifgure class and is less expensive - the VMware course materials are well prepared and very good - the onstructor will be a crap shoot since I do not think there is a centralized body managing the training of the instructors it will depend on the training facility meanwhile VMware mainatains tight control on who can become a VMware Certified Instructor -