VMware Cloud Community
daniel_uk
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Board Warrior T-Shirt

Did anyone get an email from test@vmware.com last night?

Dan

0 Kudos
81 Replies
ant
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

No thre is nothing on the back but it is of a

reasonable quality and I would recommend that you

collect yours. people have sweated blood and tears

to make sure the VMware continued this thankup perk.

There was a time when they "Forgot" to send them out

for a period of 18 months, and forgive the pun, we

got a little "shirty" and as a result I believe

generated the longest thread in the history of the

forum. Not much was complementary if my memory

serves me well.

Thanks. Yeah, I got mine hours ago. Am I supposed to get an e-mail confirmation that VMware got my request?

0 Kudos
ICT-Freak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

yup, got mine too.

0 Kudos
Jeff1981
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ah, a fellow Dutchy who also got the e-mail Smiley Happy I'm wondering when we can expect to receive our shirts Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
tlyczko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I got an email during the spring, then I got the September email, and I answered it right away, filled out the form, etc. etc.

Can you or anyone guess when my t-shirt might arrive??

I could re-do the form if that would help, I saved the email. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

It'd be awesome if it arrived SOON!!

Thank you, Tom

0 Kudos
tarrysingh
Contributor
Contributor

And me gonna don the shirt when I train some folks on Virtualization. I look good in it too , y,know Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
davidbarclay
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

...and we all waited so so long for our shirts (which was great to wear at vmworld as a beacon to others!)....but did you see how many cartons they had for vm communities at the vmworld communities stand - LOLOLOL

Dave

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The shirts will ship in early October -- I sent the order today to the vendor who is making and mailing them. I'll post here again when they ship so you can know when to check your postal mailboxes.

Everyone who earned 50 or more points by August 29 and who hadn't gotten a shirt previously should have received the email with instructions for getting the shirt. I appreciate your patience as we work on getting the process smoother next time.

And thanks again for your participation in VMTN!

\- Robert

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

hey Robert, don't cut yourself up about it, its a lot smoother than the process for the Q1/06 semester. Smiley Wink

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
jayolsen
Expert
Expert

Got mine this afternoon! Thanks

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal

Got mine also the other day!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Thanks, Eric

Visit my website:

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

My god, Eric's only just got his board warrior shirt, that just goes to show how quick he shot up the rankings.:0

Kind Regards

Tom,

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
tlyczko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Does Eric's current high post count mean that we ALL have to do several thousand posts to get our shirts??

Thank you, Tom

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal

I didn't make Enthusiast until January of this year so I missed the end of last year's cut-off for the 1st round of shirts. The next round of shirts which was supposed to be in July but was delayed until a few weeks ago is how I got mine.

Thanks, Eric

Visit my website:

0 Kudos
tlyczko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Eric,

With your comment in mind, perhaps the real reason it takes so long is that VMware is overwhelmed by the numbers of people who have qualified for shirts??

I got invites in April and September, like many people, but I am presently a "Hot Shot," maybe Enthusiast is a higher level.

With all this in mind, I'll wait patiently till Spring 2008 and see what happens. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Thank you, Tom

0 Kudos
derekn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I got my shirt yesterday. My wife asked if she could borrow it to wear to work for her halloween costume. She said she is going to be a nerd. I laughed then realized she was moching me... Smiley Sad

-go easy
0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal

I know they were really backed up there after not sending shirts out for at least a year so they've been doing alot of catch up to get everyone there shirts.

Thanks, Eric

Visit my website:

0 Kudos
tlyczko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yay!! I got my shirt today!!

I hope to go to a consultant's sales presentation(s), some of which will be about VMware, and see how people react to my shirt!!

Thank you, VMware!!

Smiley Happy tom

0 Kudos
Jeff1981
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Holland's been blessed with the shirts as well, received mine in the mail today. And it fits great!!! Thanks VMWare!!! I'll wear it with pride :smileygrin:

0 Kudos
ant
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Got mine yesterday! Too bad it is a little big for me. Maybe it will shrink if I wash it.

0 Kudos
dquirke
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Got mine this week. Great

0 Kudos