vSphere 4.1 update1
I created a win2008 R2 VM and have cloned it with a Custom Specification.
The NIC (E1000) does not display in the cloned VM's Network Properties.
1. The NIC is there in ipconfig /all.
2. The NIC is there in Device Manager.
3. The cloned VM is talking to the network & can initiate & respond to pings.
4. The NIC is there in the Network Properties on the "gold" VM that was cloned.
5. I have tried removing & reinstalling the virtual NIC.
I have not used R2 yet. Is there some trick to enable the NIC to display in Network Properties? Any help appreciated.
I don't have a Windows 2008 R2 in front of me, so this is more a guess.
In other Windows versions you can select "Show hidden devices" in the device manager's menu. Maybe there's a left over entry from the golden image which causes this effect. If so delete all the NICs from the device manager and then let Windows discover new hardware.