VMware Cloud Community
tusie99
Contributor
Contributor

problem with hp printer in xp home

Is this the right place to discuss a problem printing with a HP printer in Windows XP Home?

If not, what is the right place?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
puzzledtux
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

....if your Windows XP Home is hosted on a VMware product Smiley Happy

Shoot your question you never know here!! You get answers here sometimes even before you blink Smiley Wink

tusie99
Contributor
Contributor

My problem started several weeks ago when I traded my old Gateway for an iMac 20.

I had been using an old HP 7960 for several years on the Gateway (with XP Home) with absolutely no problems. I loaded on the iMac the driver (I found on the HP website) for that printer. Not only I lost nearly all control on the printer, but it printed very, very slowly (like a minute per line!).

As I also have an old HP scanner for which no Mac OS is available, I decided to try Fusion with XP. Both Fusion and XP loaded without any problems.

I downloaded from the HP website the XP driver and everything worked OK until this morning. The printer suddenly stopped printing!

I hooked it up to a PC and it works fine! I deleted the XP driver and reloaded it. Same problem. I ran the HP diagnostics on the printer and everything seems to be fine.

This is driving me nuts! What's going on?

P.S.: On the other hand, the scanner works great!

0 Kudos