VMware Cloud Community
kummins
Contributor
Contributor

not able to ping b/w host O.S and virtual O.S

hi i have installed vmware software and created two virtual machines....and i am using unbreakable oracle linus OS....i am able to communicate b/w the two virtual machines, but i am not able to ping the host machine from virtual machine or vice versa.....can some one provide me the solution......

Thanks in advance..........

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the forums - what product are you using? If ESX/ESXi I would make sure which physical NIC you are connected to

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
kummins
Contributor
Contributor

my host operating system is RHEL....i have installed VMWARe and created 2 virtual machines to implement oracle rac....the 2 virtual machines are communicating fine....but i am not able to ping the host from the virytual machine...and the operating system on virtual machines is RHEL....can some one suggest me the procedure regarding this and i am very new to RHEL.......

Thanks in advance........

0 Kudos