VMware Cloud Community
CyprusSpirit
Contributor
Contributor

mouse scrol wheel jumps 10 lines at a single touch

I am running  VMware Workstation V7 but it gives me a problem. This problem keeps me away from VMware.
The scroll wheel jumps too quickly through menus, on the guest. 9-10 lines every touch.........
The scroll wheel is so sensitive, that makes life with middle clicks difficult.
The mouse, is  a wireless Logitech one connected from another PC through the Network (Input Director). The Host works alright with it. I also have another mouse connected through standard PS2 which works ok with guest as well. 
I have re-installed the VMware tools on the guest, but without avail. The networked mouse jumps many lines even if I set the lines (in control panel) to scroll on the minimum (1). In contrary, on the host the same mouse works OK….
If you have any workarounds to this problem you will really help me going......

Everything I can do is say thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CyprusSpirit
Contributor
Contributor

I found the source of the problem !!!

Yes. The Logitech "SetPoint" Software running remotely  on the Master PC connecting the  Logitech Marathon M705 (and probably  other similar mouses) triggers the  bug within the VMware. Scrolling  speed with the scroll wheel on that  Logitech mouse is significantly faster in the Windows XP Pro guest than on host.

The  best way to fix this is to dissable logitech's  "SetPoint" software from  loading on boot. You may delete the relevant  registry entries to  achieve this.

The pay off is that I lost the ability to assign  functions on the mouse  keys on the host but I am sure you can do it  using another program .  All the buttons can remain functionable even  without the logitech  program running, but they all function by their  default setting but  like said you may do it using another program.

0 Kudos