VMware Cloud Community
mikeweber3
Contributor
Contributor

keyboard num lock messes up

Hello,

I have recently put a vmWare ESXI 5.0 server on line.  I have a Novell 3.12 server on it and several Dos 6.22 workstations.  For years (many years) we have been successfully been using Reachout remote control over a very slow WAN connection to operate physical workstations .   The new system seems to be working great with two exceptions.

1.   Whenever we hit the num lock key on the client it locks up the client keyboard altogether.  If you go to the VSphere console and hit escape then all of the keystrokes that have been saved will be executed.  

2.   I havn't completely pinned this one down yet, but it seems that something occasionally messes up the keyboard to where the function keys either don't work at all or have a wrong value, ie  F7 executes F3.   Also, the keyboard seems to get locked into the caps lock mode and won't come out.  This problem may be precluded by an inactivity period of over 15 minutes, or possibly by high usage of many machines running at the same time.

I also successfully remote control several workstations with IP protocol over the internet using a remote control product called TINY.  We do not have that problem there.   Tiny, however, does not allow remote printing, and does not do dos to dos remote control.

Any suggestions or solutions WILL be Appreciated

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
2 Replies
milton123
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Is this a wireless keyboard ?

Cheers, Yours Udin

0 Kudos
mikeweber3
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply,

No, it is not a wireless keyboard.   We have several old Dos 6.22 workstations (actually old 386s) with hard wired kybds.   I have found a work around.  I found an old copy of PcAnywhere 5.2 for Dos laying around.  I put it online and it works great.   I do like the Reachout program better and if anyone has any idea on why I might get a keyboard conflict interfacing from Reachout to VmWare, I would still appreciate the help.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos