VMware Cloud Community
mag888
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

how to upload windows server 2003 ISO to vmware in VC 1.3?

Can anyone tell me how to upload ISO file to vmware in VI 1.3?

thanks!

mag

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_vm
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What is "VI 1.3"?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Peter_vm
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What is "VI 1.3"?

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Thread moved to VI:Virtual Machine and Guest OS forum.

0 Kudos
mag888
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Virtaul Infrastructure or virtual center 1.3

0 Kudos
kbk00
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Just to note, anything starting with VI is used with the latest products (ESX 3.x and Virtual Center 2.x line). Since you're using VC 1.3, this is pre-VI time so I'll assume ESX 2.x is being used.

Anyway, it can be handled similarly to how it's done now. You can create a shared datastore that you dedicate to ISOs and place your ISO there or have a local directory on the ESX 2.x server that will house your ISOs.

People use WinSCP or Veeam FastSCP to get the ISOs over to ESX. Virtual Center doesn't have anything to do with the ISOs. You need to have the data natively available to ESX for the ISO to mount.

Hope this clears things up.

ps. if ESX 3.x is actually being used, the ISOs need to be placed within a datastore (vmfs3 volume). having the isos sit within the file structure of ESX is no longer valid as it was in 2.x.

If you found this posting to be useful, great. I didn't waste your time.

If you found this posting to be useful, great. I didn't waste your time.
mag888
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You are correct. We are using ESX 2.x, It is built by someone else not me and I am not so familair with SANs.

I only can see datastore when click the LUN of Sans.When I click vmfs, it doesn't open up. We do have WinSCP. Can you detail this stepsby step for a beginner.

thanks!!!

0 Kudos