VMware Cloud Community
HDolat
Contributor
Contributor

client OS installation error- operating system not found

hi every one

I have a vmware vsphere installed in the lab. I have created a new virtual machine for my research but I am not able to install a windows OS on that. I tried to add cd/dvd drive to the virtual machine and I did it finally. I tried the installation with different windows and different dvds also, but still get the same error in the vm console "operating system not found". I have also tried to install the windows from the dvd rom connected to the vmHost but the error is still there.

can anyone instruct me how to solve this problem please.

regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

How do you add the CD? I usually recommend to upload the ISO to the datastore and mount it from there.

Also make sure that the CD is marked "connected", its a checkbox on the properties on the CD.

Last but not least check the boot-order in the VM, that might not point to the CD.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
HDolat
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for your reply. For connecting dvd drive first I did it by right clicking the vm and adding the device then I turned on the vm and added the dvd drive there. when I was adding the device, the vm showed it to me then I realized it can find my device but not working for the installation. I did not checked the connected tik so I should look for it.

0 Kudos
HDolat
Contributor
Contributor

I used the ISO file and installed the OS.

0 Kudos