VMware Cloud Community
nikkiP
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 2008R2 Failover Cluster - Validate simultaneous Failover failed

Hi -

I'm setting up Windows 2008R2 - two nodes failover cluster on Vsphere 4.0. The shared disks on SAN storage are configured to use Raw Disk Mapping Physical compatibility mode. When I run Validation test, the simulaneous failover validation failed with error "Failed to release cluster disk 1 , failure reason "The requested resources is in use". Has anyone seen this issue before? Do you know what can I do to fix the problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Forums - How do you have the RDM configured? Are you following the recommendations in the clistering guide - http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r41/vsp_41_mscs.pdf?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
nikkiP
Contributor
Contributor

We're running Vsphere 4.0.0, not 4.1. The MSCS nodes are setup on 2 different physical hosts. Yes, I did follow all the steps for setting up Clustered Disk. SCIS Controller is LSI Logic SAS. All clustered disk are on SCIS 1:0, 1:1, 1:2. The OS drive is created in eagerzeroedthick. As far as, I can tell everything is setup properly. During Failover validation test, all tests passed, except the simultaneous Failover validation failed everytime with error "Failed to release cluster disk 2 from Node 1, failure reason, the requested resource is in use . However, the test results are inconsistent, the error can be on any Disks and any nodes.

The I/O registry setting is already set to 60 by default on Windows 2008R2. I didn't have to change the value.

0 Kudos
BigBadJohnnyB
Contributor
Contributor

Ever figure this out? I'm having a very similar issue. Feels like I did everything I was supposed to according to the guide, my SAN is in the HCL (Sun Openstorage 7000-series) and I get this error every time either Windows node reboots - on the way down and on the way up, right at POST.

0 Kudos