VMware Cloud Community
jmartin819
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 2008 R2 fails to boot up after Virtual to Virtual migration

I performed a v to v on a Windos Server 2008 R2 vm from my development environment to my production environment. When I try to boot the server in production it gives me the Windows Error Recovery screen and if I launch Startup Repair it can't locate the C:\. The original VM in development works fine. I've done v to v between the two environments with no issues. But this is the first 08 R2 server. Has anyone seen this or have any suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Borja_Mari
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

try to check this tutorial. It should work fine Smiley Happy

Regards/Saludos,

Pablo

Please consider awarding any helpful or corrrect answer. Thanks!! - Por favor considera premiar cualquier respuesta útil o correcta. ¡¡Muchas gracias!!

Virtually noob blog

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PLEASE CONSIDER AWARDING any HELPFUL or CORRECT reply. Thanks!! Por favor CONSIDERA PREMIAR cualquier respuesta ÚTIL o CORRECTA . ¡¡Muchas gracias!! VCP3, VCP4, VCP5-DCV (VCP550), vExpert 2010, 2014 BLOG: http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/VirtuallyAnITNoob
jmartin819
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Pablo,

Thanks for your post. It did point me in the right direction. I just had to change my SCSI controller driver from LSI Logic Parallel to LSI Logic SAS.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos