VMware Cloud Community
PatrickWE
Contributor
Contributor

Windows 2008 Cluster configuration & Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Hi,

Creating an Exchange 2007 CCR lab on Windows 2008. When trying to validate the cluster config, it tells me that duplicate IP ( v6 ) found...

After searching, it seems to be related to a config that is usually disabled on servers, but for some reason, on Vmware guest machines, it is enabled...

wondering if anyone has seen this before...

Thanks !!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ctfoster
Expert
Expert

Teredo is an technology which provides IPv6 connectivity to clients on an IPv4 network should be disabled by default on server installations. I can't think why anything on the VMware install would turn it on. Are you using IPv6 for a reason ?

You can turn Off Teredo by Using the Netsh Command:

netsh int teredo set state disabled

0 Kudos
PatrickWE
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, but I had already done that...

From what I can gather, is that the Teredo interface is internal to windows 2008, so not controlled with a new MAC trough the VMX file, so since both my nodes ( and all my 2008 machines for that matter ) are a copy of my Win2K8 image template, then they all have the same MAC and IPv6 for this interface.

I have yet to find how to reset or change the IPv6 on this interface, as it is not shown in the network connections...

MS says this only happens when copying images, wondering if it would happen even on physical machine using an Image...

Thanks for any further help !!!

0 Kudos
ctfoster
Expert
Expert

Hmm..It looks like a more generalised issue with 2008 and clustering.

0 Kudos