VMware Cloud Community
w00005414
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Weird video and mouse issues Windows 2008 Server VM

Hi All,

We've had this happen two times to our only Windows 2008 Server virtual machine. When you go to the console through vSphere and you try and double click or right click on something you get any number of strange occurances, the screen will go grey, a window or two might pop up here and there, parts of the windows system tray will start appearing in the top left hand corner etc... That and if you are able to get into a window the icons (for say the control panel or within the printers window) are missing and the fonts are off.... it is really crazy. I can hit ctrl + alt + insert and that screen comes up fine. The first time this happened about 6 months ago I was able to restart the computer and that fixed the issue, although ever since then the printer icons are now just black bloxes (weird?!). This second time I was able to fix it by logging out of the computer and logging back in.

We are using the VMware SVGA II video driver and the resolution is set to 1152 x 864 using 32 bit color and the video refresh rate is set to 60 Hz.

Thanks for any suggestions!

0 Kudos
0 Replies