VMware Cloud Community
banderasantonio
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VmWare Data recovery and work with the Independent Disk

I read on a forum: If you want to drive the VM snapshot was unaffected, in its properties, select the "Independent". By the way, if the VM is "Independent" drives, the snapshot can not be included its memory.

There was a question if the drives do all VMs "Independent", would work "VmWare Data recovery"?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GaneshNetworks
Jump to solution

I am not pretty sure about my findings. SO please dont take this as a solution for your problem. My findings are:

When you initiate to take a vDR backup of a VM which is configured with an independent disks, it will not be successful. Because vDR used to take snapshot in order to complete the backup of a VM. So here the catch is, Independent disks prevents taking snapshot.

-GaneshNetworks-

~GaneshNetworks™~ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GaneshNetworks
Jump to solution

I am not pretty sure about my findings. SO please dont take this as a solution for your problem. My findings are:

When you initiate to take a vDR backup of a VM which is configured with an independent disks, it will not be successful. Because vDR used to take snapshot in order to complete the backup of a VM. So here the catch is, Independent disks prevents taking snapshot.

-GaneshNetworks-

~GaneshNetworks™~ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos