VMware Cloud Community
densei27
Contributor
Contributor

Virtual Machine Display Freeze and some time is hang

Dear All

I used VMware ESXi 4.0.0-164009 and I create windows 2008 R2 ent for Guest OS but sometime that I used console to Guest OS and add Server role or change some config on windows, about console is freeze I can not do anthing, I close console and re open it it still the same, but some time I can remote destop from other server to this Guest OS but some time can not, and I can't send command to shutdown this server ( already install vmware tool ) I can only power off and start it, I try on 4 guest OS, it happend same, please tell me how to fix this problem

Thank you for your support

0 Kudos
2 Replies
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

it sounds like you could have one of two problems. Either your vmtools is corrupt and is therefore causing problems with your console etc or you may be having firewall port problems. Is the esx server behind a firewall?

How are you acessing this machine? Is it local to you? Also how much ram are you allocating these servers?

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Gregg Robertson, VCP3,4 , MCSE, MCSA, MCTS, MCITP

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
0 Kudos
densei27
Contributor
Contributor

Dear firestartah

Thank you for your respond, this ESX Server is on our company LAN, no firewall between VC and ESX server

and on each server I assign 4 GB RAM to them

0 Kudos