VMware Cloud Community
Kuttima211296
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Tools Installation Success and Rebooted yet the application Not Installed?

I have a machine which in Win7 sp1 x64 . I tried to update the VMware Tools application through Silent Installation. The Installed completed without any interruption and exits with Error code 0. The registry and files not updated.

So i rebooted the machine and yet the Files and registry of VMware Tools Not updated.

Installed in another machine the installer of vmtools return the "Error Code : 3010 , Error Message : The requested operation is successful. Changes will not be effective until the system is rebooted."

Then i rebooted the machine then check with the registry yet the application is not installed.

I can't find any issue. Someone please help me with the cause and solution to fix this case.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeffkdanies
Contributor
Contributor

Please help me out in which one best bootable device maker in Rufus and Windows Bootable Maker.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to Virtual Machine, Guest OS & VM Tools

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
AhmedIbrahimVMw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Upload the VMware Tools installation log, it should give us an idea about how the upgrade really went.

It should be named vminst.log, and saved in the Temp directory under the user’s home directory.

0 Kudos