VMware Cloud Community
m0l0t0k
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare image to real PC.

I`m sorry, but i don`t find about this requaest. How to do corect, if I have VMware image it`s LINUX system.

And how to move my image or my system LINUX on REAL PC.

May be clone bay be others ways. I`ts meens Vmware work corect and i have to move or clone my system to real hardaware.

Best Regards Konstantins.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
GlennBrett
Contributor
Contributor

Morning Konstantins,

Firstly, I am far from a VMware expert and I am not certain I fully understand the question.

However, your Virtual Server is a real server as far as the OS you have installed and the programs you are running on it.

With this in mind, I would have thought you could use any of the commercially available software to clone a physical PC (Norton Ghost, perhaps).

0 Kudos
bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion

To go from V2P your will need third party software.

try powerconvert from platespin.

One day I will virtualise myself . . .
0 Kudos
m0l0t0k
Contributor
Contributor

I`am sorry if not correct to write my request.

But the last answer by , i`am try ti this powerconvert.

Yes, i want covert vmware to physical computer.

And i try by Norton GHOST, but how to mount HDD or Extrnal HDD where i must save my ghost file?

0 Kudos
A_Mikkelsen
Expert
Expert

If you don't have VMware Workstation download it (using a trial license) and add the VM to inventory.

Configure the VM to boot from CD and mount a BartPE image (with ghost installed)

Mount a network share

Place the created om the network share

When the image is done boot the physical server with BartPE and restore the ghost from the network location

I'm not a Linux expert so how Linux will responde to the new HW i don't know.

But I would use PowerConvert for this operational if I was you, they know how to handle the convertion, and you should be able to obtain a trial license.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points.

Regards

A. Mikkelsen

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points. Regards A. Mikkelsen
0 Kudos
m0l0t0k
Contributor
Contributor

U found the progra with name PING PartImage is Not Ghost it`s good for Lilnux system.

I have quastion.

I add to the virual machine the the physical HDD.

But when i run this PING or (try NORTON GHOST with Windows XP) some works, but i can`t see my *.gho or image file.

In the virtual machine i see, but realy on my physical hdd NOT.

May be i`am not correct to add this physical HDD. And IF I add this physical hdd, can i see from VMware what for example i copy or some others.

And else. The maybe stupid question. I add my physical hdd to virtual machine, run the WIN XP SP2. OK i see my HDD with my file, but when i

create the simple 11.txt on virtual PC, I DONT SEE IT ON THE MY LOCAL HDD ON PHYSICAL PC.

Best Regards Konstantins

0 Kudos
A_Mikkelsen
Expert
Expert

I have no idear about what you just wrote

Please rewite your last post and hopefully I can understand it.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points.

Regards

A. Mikkelsen

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points. Regards A. Mikkelsen
0 Kudos
djaquays
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I believe I understand what you're saying. Assuming that you can not use a ip ghost session, the easiest thing to do would probably be to create a second disk for the vm, have ghost store the .gho files on the second drive, then turn the VM back on, use the host-guest file sharing to copy the file out of the VM (or you could use cifs/nfs/ftp/scp/etc, or burn it to a dvd/cd)

0 Kudos