VMware Cloud Community
ferryl
Contributor
Contributor

VM with Windows 2003 SP2

When will a Vm with Windows 2003 Sp2 be supported by VmWare ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
rmuniz9336
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm doing right now, but then I built the VM starting as a basic W2k3 install, and added SP2 after the fact.

0 Kudos
ferryl
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks

I did the same ....but the thing is ...i don't know if this is supported by vmware

If i look in the documents i only see SP1 till know and not SP2

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Well, since SP2 just came out last week, I'd expect it to take a little while before VMware updates all their documents. Also, if they are marking it as Supported, they need to run internal QA cycles on it. That takes time, you know.

0 Kudos
GaryJBlake
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

0 Kudos
mjmccarn
Contributor
Contributor

It may be supported but it doesn't work.

I have had horrible problems with windows 2003 SP2 as both guest and host. - apparently centered around 'tcp offloading'.

0 Kudos
doubleH
Expert
Expert

no problems here with SP2 in my guests. like the above poster said there are known issues with old nic drivers and the scaleable network pack that is enabled by default. there are kb's that walk you through disabling the new network features so you should still be able to deploy SP2.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points
0 Kudos
jgswinkels
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Ferry,

What kind of VM are you using?

VMware supports MS W2K3 with SP2 otherwise VMware can close their firm.

Maybe you have to upgrade your VMware to the latest level to support the latest levels of MS products.

Cheers,

Jan

0 Kudos