VMware Cloud Community
one6pk2go
Contributor
Contributor

VM's running Symantec EndPoint cannot update Virus definitions but update fine if running CE?

I have a dual homed server runnnig SEPM 11.0.6200.754 (3 Networks)

* Desktop clients and servers can update virus definitions without a problem

* VM's are not updating virus definitions if they run SEP, but If I unsintall and install CE, which I also have a CE server, they update just fine (setup for testing only).

* My SEPM server can ping and remote to all VM's. VM's can ping the SEPM server.

* Checked firewall settings on ESX hosts and opened all the appropriate ports required for communications from clients to servers. (TCP,80,443,8014,2936,in,out)

* I'm able to find and push the client software from my SEPM server to the VM's successfully but the clients never update the virus definitions?

* The VM's are checking in afterwards just as all the other systems are?

The VM's are the only ones behaving this way?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
uttam_choudhary
Contributor
Contributor

1. Are vmtools up to date on all machines? If not can you update on one and try.

2. Are all the machines 64-bit?

0 Kudos
one6pk2go
Contributor
Contributor

* vmtools are all up to date

* these systems happen to be Windows XP 32-bit, just like all my other desktops.

0 Kudos
rhbourque
Contributor
Contributor

SE updates via IP but SEP updates via http.  I know i have had issues updating to a multihomed server but i don't have any multihomed servers that push SEP.  Our exchange servers have two nics on two different networks and we have had to disable one Nic and install the app then enable the other nic for them to update correctly.  I know this isnt an answer but i hope it helps you find one.

0 Kudos