VMware Cloud Community
blvsupport
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VM Network at 10 Mbps

Hi i have a ESX Server version 3.02 that have 2 vm on it. One is windows 2003 and the other is windows xp

Windows 2003 network crd is at 1000 Mbps and windows xp is at 10 Mbps

Why ? I can't find a way to fix that.

Network card of my esx server is at 1000 Mbps

Can someone help me please

Thanks!

Jac

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mattinator
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, if you tell it to install the vmware tools while you are logged in then it will run the installation and you can uninstall the vmtools. Or you can mount the tools to the cd-rom drive and run the uninstall / reinstall.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mattinator
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I am sure you did ... but did you install the VMware tools in the XP machine?

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can go into the hardware device manager in XP and ensure that the speed of the NIC is autoconfig. If you can't change the setting, it's because the NIC in XP is generic driver, and even though it reports 10 meg, its actually a 10/100/1000 card. The older driver reports the slower speed, but if you test it the speed will be correct at whatever speed your vSwitch is set to on ESX server.

0 Kudos
blvsupport
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes i installed the vmware tools. Is there a way to uninstalle tehm and reinstall. i dont see anything in "Add/Remove programs"

The network card is a "AMD PCNET Family PCI Ethernet Adapter"

I checked but i dont find anything to change the speed of it.

0 Kudos
mattinator
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, if you tell it to install the vmware tools while you are logged in then it will run the installation and you can uninstall the vmtools. Or you can mount the tools to the cd-rom drive and run the uninstall / reinstall.

0 Kudos
blvsupport
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok i reinstalled Vmware Tools and everything is alright

Thanks !

0 Kudos