VMware Cloud Community
jaybird060907
Contributor
Contributor

VM Console full-screen

Is there any way to get rid of the title bar or to make a VM full screen on the guest op?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

can you right click on the VM and choose, open console? That won't necessaryily bring up full screen, but if you maximize the window and change the display settings of the VM, you'd be close.

jaybird060907
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I can open the console, however, I am trying to find out if it is possible to go fullscreen as if I turned on a regular standalone box. Do you know if that is even possible?

0 Kudos
bradley4681
Expert
Expert

Is there a reason why you would want to go full screen? Accessing the console of a guest through virtual center usually isn't the fastest. Using RDP with the console switch provides much better performance on a windows system, and even vnc on linux is better in most cases.

Cheers,

Bradley Sessions

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Cheers! If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

Open the stand-alone console. Go to view (Full Screen) Or Ctrl-Alt-Enter.

That will give full screen view.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

Open the stand-alone console. Go to view (Full Screen) Or Ctrl-Alt-Enter.

That will give full screen view.

-KjB

This option is only available in 2.5, so if you have an older build, you won't be able to view full screen.

0 Kudos