VMware Cloud Community
murreyaw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VM BlueScreening - Help appreciated

All,

I have a production W2K Standard VM running some EDI software by GIS that keeps BSODing. This box has ran for about a year without any issues. The box has dual VCPUs and 4 GB of RAM assigned. It is a pretty busy VM and is around 80 to 90 percent utilization for about 60% of the day. The BSOD message I am getting is "a device driver has corrupted the executive memory pool." I was going to try to get an outage window and reinstall VMWare tools. Anyone else have this happen, or no a possible cure?

Other Info

VI 3.01

Dell PE 2950 - 8GB RAM Dual Dual Core 2.4 Ghz Xeons.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I see you are on 3.0.1, did you patch it? Is it up to date?

Is this a VM that was migrated from a physical machine? If so have you uninstalled/removed any agents/drivers for the now obsolete hardware?

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I see you are on 3.0.1, did you patch it? Is it up to date?

Is this a VM that was migrated from a physical machine? If so have you uninstalled/removed any agents/drivers for the now obsolete hardware?

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Santhosh_vmware
Jump to solution

Hi,

Were you able to collect windows dump file ,it will be in the format *.dmp in C:\windows

regards

santhosh

DLevine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Definately a driver issue...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291810

0 Kudos
murreyaw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It was the CI\O Array manager that I had left in it. Going to take it out.

0 Kudos