VMware Cloud Community
galibai
Contributor
Contributor

Use the Sysprep to add the VM to domain

HI, I am new to the Customization specification. I am looking a way through, which I will be able to deploy the VM, add the VM to the domain and run the Mcafee Agent on the VM.

Any ideas, as to what should be the command used to add the VM to the domain? I can create a computer object in AD before creating the VM.

Thanks for your help

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

part of the customization specifications is to add the guest to the Domain. Have you created one yet in vCenter? You have all the sysprep files located on your vCenter Host? Also, ensure you guest is on a DHCP segment, so that it can pull in IP to join to the domain.

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

Create a new customization specification. If you follow the wizard, this is one of the steps to create.

0 Kudos
trurodh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you guys tried this with windows 2008 R2? The customization spec runs but the machine does not add itself to the domain. No errors in the customization logs in windows/temp folder. My user id and password are correct for the domain. I am still troubleshooting but if anyone has an idea please post.

Thanks!

Rod

0 Kudos
VMegalodon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I just tested a newly created W2K8 SP1 x64 template en got the same problem.

We have vShphere4.1 update1. Sysprep was working but the VM did not join the Domain.

Ik also created a new W2K3 Template and that worked fine.

no errors in the guestcust.log

0 Kudos
VAMegalodon
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone find a solution for this?

0 Kudos