VMware Cloud Community
vpalan
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to view the VM in Console

Hi,

In the Vcenter, we are unable to view the VM Console. i can see only black screen.

i have tired with Right Click VM and select console or also same issue in Console tab for the particular VM.

last week only i have migrated the vcp 2.5 to Vcenter.

Thanks in advance

Vimal

0 Kudos
7 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Are you sure the Vm is running? Can you acces through the network vi RDP/SSH? Can you ping it?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
DLeid
Expert
Expert

Does the vCenter console say that the vmtools are up to date for that vm?

Maybe you can try to re-apply the vmware tools to the vm.

If you find this or any other information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.

If you find this or any other information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.
0 Kudos
vpalan
Contributor
Contributor

1. Vm is running fine 2. able to access the VN through network via RDP. 3. able to ping

0 Kudos
msemon1
Expert
Expert

Did you run short of disk space? Could be the infamous "Black Screen of Death"

http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/PlanetVM/2008/12/01/the-black-screen-of-death

Mike

0 Kudos
vpalan
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the information but i have enough space in C drive and also i have problem in the all VM's. To recall, last week i have migrated the VC 2.5 to Vcenter 4.0. it's completly Blank screen.

0 Kudos
msemon1
Expert
Expert

We just upgraded our VC from 2.5 to 4. We have not upgraded any hosts or VMware tools or virtual hardware. Have you upgraded any hosts or VM's? We have not had any problems with VC since upgrading other than some of the permissions did not propogate over to the new environment.

0 Kudos
vpalan
Contributor
Contributor

only we have done VC upgradation. the problem is 90 % we are unable to take console. just i have tired it's working but most of the time am not able to take console.

after VC upgrading we have not faced any problem.

0 Kudos