VMware Cloud Community
veer0812
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to convert physical RHEL 4 machine using vcentre 4 converter standalone.

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to convert a physical powered on RHEL 4 machine to a esx machine managed by vcentre 2.5, I have configured a static IP the converter helper virtual machine, now the physical machine is on a HP BL20 g4 blade, and the ESX server is on a HP DL 380 G5 both 32 bit.

The process never moves beyond 1 % and no error as well its been complete day. I am on a 100 mbps lan network speed should not be an issue.

Thanks for all the replies in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

no, you can do a p2v with network 100mbps.

Check if you set configuration to help (The helper need a ip )

View/Edit Options > Helper Vm network

Check if have suficcient space at Storage, pass user with administrative privilegias at this case with root.

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"*

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
veer0812
Contributor
Contributor

Mauro, thanks for the reply but as already stated in the question I have assigned a static IP on the helper machine, also the space in the datastore is more than enough, but to be exact the virtual machine's size is 68 gb whereas the space in the datastore is 350 gb.

But thanks for the reply anyways.

The Helper machine which has been made with the same name as of the physical machine is tuck on Agent thumbprint.

Image is attached

Message was edited by: veer0812

0 Kudos