VMware Cloud Community
sasser
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

USB over LAN - I need a solution for USB Dongle under ESX 3.5

Hello, I have 2 ESX 3.5 hosts under VI 3.5 in 2 locations. My VMs need a software dongle, I have only 1. The solution, I install a USB over LAN device / software. That is the best solution for this. I have only find "AnywhereUSB" from digi. Different post write "it doesnt work fine" Your experiance with USB devices ? Thanks for you help. ?:|

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I am using the Digi AnywhereUSB and have no complaints with it at all. It is solid.

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I am using the Digi AnywhereUSB and have no complaints with it at all. It is solid.

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
bigdee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We are using AnywhereUSB also in different locations without any problems. We use it mainly for providing USB license dongles.

doubleH
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

i am using a 4 port keyspan USB server and works great with 3.0.2. i have a software dongle and a USB device that attaches to my security system software (KANTECH). the good thing about the keyspan is that you can have multiple VM's use the USB server. from what others have posted this is not true with the digi product. you say you only need one port, but who knows what you will need in the future.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points