VMware Cloud Community
stexlollo
Contributor
Contributor

TS win 2003 ed 64 bit in a vm - tuning

Hello ,

i have aeql p100e ad 2 hp dl385g2 server in a cluster vi 3.5 last updates, 2 amd dual core opteron 2220, 8 gb ram for node.

i have also a ibm xseries 225 with 2 xeon and 2 raid1 scsi disk of 74 GB and win 2003 standard edition 32 bit with Terminal Services enabled for my roaming profiles

i have 30 users at the moment in my ibm but they work with many software, erp,office,internet,outlook , image and print to a print server 32 bit of domain.

(i have also a 64 bit print server with the same printers for redundancy)

my question is if i want to migrate ALSO my phisical ts to a new vm with win 2003 ed 64 bit in a p100e iscsi volume like other vm, what the best practise to have a simil performance that i have in my ibm?

cpu vm setting (1 or more than 1) .the others vm have all 1 virtual cpu

ram and for exaple reservation or shared

internal windows setting for a vm terminal serrvices tuning

i ask this beacause i know with esx before version 3 (2.5) , ts in a vm was not a good solution for the high i/o from the clients.

with esx 3.5 something is change about Temrinal Services in a vm?

by and thanks all

0 Kudos
2 Replies
stexlollo
Contributor
Contributor

no one with 2 or 3 suggestions?

i know the TS issue before the esx 3 version, but now with esx 3.5 last?

thanks

0 Kudos
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert

Hi

We only use citrix and TS on a couple of vms with only a small amount of users. But i found these very informative docs.

http://www.thincomputing.net/blog/citrix-and-terminal-servers-on-vmware-esx-3.html

http://www.virtualizeplanet.com/Citrix%20in%20a%20VM%20WhitePaper.pdf

Best regards

Lars Liljeroth

-

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos