VMware Cloud Community
lauffen67
Contributor
Contributor

Service "Lotus Notes" stop when logoff from NT4 session

I migrated a NT 4 physical machine to virtual environment. The VMware target server is ESX 3.0.2 release.

The server NT 4 SP6a (now viritualized) run a Lotus Domino Server 6.

Since i virtualized this NT4 machine, I notice a strange phenomenon. When i log off Administrator user from a Windows session on the console, "Lotus Notes" service stop.

So, one time logged on console, I cannot more log off the administrator user without Lotus Notes goes down. To avoid leaving an opened session, I can just lock it.

The NIC drivers installed is AMD PCNET V4.19. I also installed VMware Tools.

I suspect the VMware service to interact with some process during logoff activity that cause a Lotus Notes shutdown.

Have someone already seen this problem ? Should I uninstall VMware tools ?

Thanks !

0 Kudos
3 Replies
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal

VMware tools will have no effect on that problem.

When you say service "Lotus Notes" are you meaning the Lotus Domino service? Notes is just a client app. If your service is called Lotus Notes it sounds like someone did a hack to get the Domino server started as a service and it is not a true service. What executable is the service running if you look at the properties for that service?

0 Kudos
lauffen67
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, It is indeed about the service : Lotus Domino service.

It is indeed all the server Lotus Notes that arrests and not simply the client.

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal

This does not sound like it is related to the virtualization of the server. See the below Notes.net post, it talks about this same problem on NT4....

http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/nd6forum.nsf/55c38d716d632d9b8525689b005ba1c0/15daf619a303340085256cdf00...

0 Kudos