VMware Cloud Community
CLINZ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Server 2022

Hi Everyone, just a quick one really, with regards to Server 2022 running on ESXI 7.0* has anyone run in to any funnies, bugs etc, we're looking to perform server upgrades from current OS to server 2022 where possible (vendor uptake dependant) and before we begin this roll out i'd like to know if there is anything to expect from anyone with experience. Any feedback greatly appreciated/

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8islas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have few Windows Server 2022 and they work fine (Domain Controllers, File Server and Veeam Server)

VMware Tools is available separately and can be downloaded as a separate product from the my.vmware.com portal

We have gone to the latest version available:
https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Tools/12.0/rn/VMware-Tools-1200-Release-Notes.html

With Veeam, just be aware that the SQL Express 2016 package that comes with the Veeam ISO is not oficial compatible with Windows 2022. Therefore, you will need to manually install a newer version or upgrade after installation.

At the moment everything works fine

If I see something new, I update information.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
8islas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have few Windows Server 2022 and they work fine (Domain Controllers, File Server and Veeam Server)

VMware Tools is available separately and can be downloaded as a separate product from the my.vmware.com portal

We have gone to the latest version available:
https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Tools/12.0/rn/VMware-Tools-1200-Release-Notes.html

With Veeam, just be aware that the SQL Express 2016 package that comes with the Veeam ISO is not oficial compatible with Windows 2022. Therefore, you will need to manually install a newer version or upgrade after installation.

At the moment everything works fine

If I see something new, I update information.

CLINZ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

brilliant, thanks for your reply i will put this information forward at our next meeting.

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

A moderator should now move your thread to the area for Windows guest questions, since this has nothing to do with any vSphere SDK.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Quickdraw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We have also been running 2022 without any noticable vmware issues. We recently upgraded some Horizon connections servers to 2022 and they have been fine as well. We may run into some application compability issues but so far, ESX has been fine as a host.