VMware Cloud Community
jmckay123
Contributor
Contributor

Screen too small on copied VM

I have copied a VM (running Windows 7) on to my laptop (running Windows 10). I'm running Vmware Workstation version 9.  The VM is working, however the display is almost unreadable.  By default the VM comes up with a resolution of 3215 x 1713, and the font is so small I need a magnifying glass to read it.  I have changed the font size to "large" in Windows 7 to no avail.  I have changed the screen resolution to 1600 x 1200 on the VM.  It makes a change, however the result is a screen that takes up 1/4 of the screen of my host machine.  I've tried the "fit guest now" and "full screen" commands, all it does is return the resolution to the default.  I tried changing the machine configuration so the max resolution was 1600 x 1200 but that just keeps the screen size permanently 1/4 size.  Any help with this problem appreciated!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
asajm
Expert
Expert

Hi

What about VMware tools?

If you think your queries have been answered
Marking this response as "Solution " or "Kudo"
ASAJM
0 Kudos
jmckay123
Contributor
Contributor

What about VMWare tools?  I've installed it, it is running on the guest operating system, but nothing changes.  Is there some kind of interface to it that would allow me to make it full screen?

0 Kudos