VMware Cloud Community
humy1
Contributor
Contributor

Red Hat Linux 5 64 bit (Guest OS) can't communicate with others

Hi all,

I installed ESX server 3.0.2 Update 1 on an Intel whitebox server, 4 way qual-core and 32G memory. I installed Windows 2003 Enterprise Server 64 bit and everything is fine. The guest os is able to communicate with other physical servers. I also installed Red Hat Linux 4 64 bit and it is also able to communicate with other physical servers. But when I installed Red Hat Linux 5 64 bit it can't communicate with other physical servers. It can't communicate with Windows 2003 Enterprise Server 64 bit and Red Hat Linux 4 64 bit either. There is no problem with communication between service console and the previous guest oses. I checked network setting in Red Hat Linux 5 64 bit and there was no much difference between Red Hat Linux 5 64 bit and Red Hat Linux 4 64 bit, except for IP address. Does anyone have any experience about this? Would anyone give me a hand?

Regards,

Myles

0 Kudos
1 Reply
virtualdud3
Expert
Expert

Did you install VMware Tools into the Guest OS of the "problem" RHEL4 VM?

###############

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

############### Under no circumstances are you to award me any points. Thanks!!!
0 Kudos