VMware Cloud Community
Kevan
Contributor
Contributor

No Network Adapters Showing afrer Physical to Virtual conversion of an NT4 SP6 Server.

All

We have used VMWare Converter to convert an NT4 SP6a server to a Virtual Machine.

The Conversion has worked apart from the fact that we can not get this server onto the network as it is not showing any Network Adapters.

We have installed VMWare tools.

Can anyone tell me how to get this NT4 virtual server to recognise a Network Adapter and how to install it.

We are using ESX Verssion 3.02.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

Regards

Kevan

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kevan
Contributor
Contributor

All

I have found the link below that I am going to try to see if it resolves my problem

Regards

Kevan

http://communities.vmware.com/message/751486#751486

0 Kudos
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

Please post the guest's .vmx file.

AWo

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
Kevan
Contributor
Contributor

All the posted solution worked.

Regards

Kevan

0 Kudos
Kevan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All

Having got one NT4 server virtualized and used the NIC drivers as described we are now having problems with a second NT4 server. We can not get it to recognise a CDRom or an ISO image. The virtual machine seems to pick up an A:\ drive though.

Therefore I have been looking for the AMD PC Net family NIC drivers that hopefully I can put onto a floppy and load them on to this server. Can anyone help with this or give me any other ideas on how to load the NIC Drivers from the NT4 server disc.

Regards

Kevan

0 Kudos
glynnd1
Expert
Expert

You can find the drivers on the ISO that gets mounted when installing VMware Tools. Start the Tools install on another NT VM, but don't click next. Instead go and browse the CD rom. I don't recall the dirctory structure, but it is logical, and then copy the files to a floppy.

0 Kudos