VMware Cloud Community
cp15
Contributor
Contributor

Netware guest and inconsistent eDirectory behavior

Hi all-

I have run into some strange behavior in our eDirectory tree and suspect some sort of communication issue with the 3 Netware 6.5 servers recently moved to ESX 3.01.

We specifically have intermittant trouble mapping drives to these three servers on ESX, the backup software does not like to connect to the volumes and there is other assorted strangeness with eDirectory behavior. The tree is healthy and there has not been any changes other than the move to ESX. I recently patched up to SP6 on everything to address the issue with no luck.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

Any ideas appreciated-

Chad P

0 Kudos
5 Replies
masaki
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You should check if your netware version is supported.

Look at http://www.vmware.com/pdf/GuestOS_guide.pdf

page 212 for further details.

cp15
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like it is indeed supported, but it requires upgrade patch 1271657 for 3.0.1, which is not installed. I'll put it on and see if it helps matters.

Thanks-

Chad P

0 Kudos
cp15
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately the application of 1271657 and the e1000 patch did not help the situation. It's possible I'm dealing with am eDirectory problem, but it's just too much of a coincidence that the 3 VM's are the ones giving me the most trouble. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks-

Chad P

0 Kudos
masaki
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

So my reply was helpful?

chucks0
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I haven't had any issues with any of our 30 or so Netware 6.5 VMs and I don't have the patches metioned applied. I would suspect an SLP issue.

0 Kudos