VMware Cloud Community
IDPRESV
Contributor
Contributor

Netware 6.5 shared cluster disk

I know Netware clusters are supported, but I'm trying anyway...

I have two NW6.5 VMs, each with separate virtual disks. I created a RDM disk on one of the VM's, and configured the SCSI controller for this disk to be 'physical'.

I have two problems:

1 - The VM does not see the disk. The MUI shows the disk, but when I run the NSSMU utility in Netware, it only shows the first virtual disk.

2 - I don't know how to make the physical RDM available to the second NW6.5 machine to use as the shared disk. A mute point until I can resolve problem #1.

Can someone point me to a document that details this?

Thanks.

Jim

0 Kudos
1 Reply
calgden
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, I don't think I can assist with point #1 as I didn't have any issues presenting Raw Disk to our 6.5 servers. I will point out that you must ensure that you use an LSI Logic SCSI controller and if I remember correctly, I added a second LSI controller for the Mapped Raw Luns. I just thought of one more thing... Don't forget to install Vmtools.

Once you have resolved point #1, point 2 is fairly easy. On the second machine, don't add a new Raw Disk Mapping for each drive. Instead, Use an existing Virtual disk and select the specific disk file you want to cluster.

Message was edited by:

calgden

0 Kudos