VMware Cloud Community
Sector
Contributor
Contributor

Netware 6.5 SP7 Timesync issues following ESX Host Migration

Hi All

I have a unexpected issue. My Netware environment has been virtualised for about 18 months, I had the timesync issues to start with but all has been resolved and working for the entire time. Yesterday I changed the a ESX host from HP DL380 G4 to an HP DL380 G5. The vm's were on the SAN so it was a simple case of un-registering from Virtual Centre swapping hardware out, re-registering and powering up the vm's. However, since this the Netware Servers are now out of timesync by -9 sec. The Netware enviornment has not changed, was previously OK and the time is never more that -9 sec out but never in timesync since then. Any ideas would be most gratefully received.

One other change is that the new server is on update 4 were as the old was on update 3.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Sector
Contributor
Contributor

For an unexpected issue I have an unexpected solution. Despite the VM being configured not to used the ESX host for time, set within it's config file, when entering the console command vmwtool synctime off the server came back into sync again. When entering the command the current staus was echo'd back to the console confirming that it was already set to off, but yet this command has done something to resolve the issue. If anyone has a point of view as to what then please post.

Thanks for anyone who has read and pondered my problem

Chris

0 Kudos