VMware Cloud Community
mcsnott
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Need LSI driver for windows 2000

Ok how do I install windows 2000 server on ESX 3.

I tried creating iso from symmpi_w2k_1.20.18.zip downloaded from LSIlogic website http://www.lsilogic.com/files/support/ssp/fusionmpt/Win2000/symmpi_w2k_1.20.18.zip

I imported to ESX and selected as floppy for the new VM had to change .flp to \.* when selecting.

I press F6, but then when go to select it from the floppy the VM crashes.

Does anybody know if this is the correct driver or if there is a ready made .flp file that I can download.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jasemccarty
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I've got a flp that will work for 2000 with LSI.

PM me with your e-mail and I'll send it to you.

Your blue screen may be related to the flp that you previously used, or potentially due to access permissions on the .flp that you accessed.

Also, if you have more than 1 VM attempting to mount the .flp, you will also likely get a BSOD.

Jase McCarty - @jasemccarty

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jasemccarty
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I've got a flp that will work for 2000 with LSI.

PM me with your e-mail and I'll send it to you.

Your blue screen may be related to the flp that you previously used, or potentially due to access permissions on the .flp that you accessed.

Also, if you have more than 1 VM attempting to mount the .flp, you will also likely get a BSOD.

Jase McCarty - @jasemccarty
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

By the way, Windows 2000 VMs will default to the BusLogic driver when you create the VM as the 2000 installer is expecting that.

bsm033
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What about adding the LSI driver for download to windows 2000 on this web site

I need to create windows 2000 cluster and it specifically told to use the LSI SCSI controller for shared disk on ESX 3 and NOT the BusLogic \!!!

0 Kudos
paulo_meireles
Jump to solution

I press F6, but then when go to select it from the floppy the VM crashes.

To avoid this, I install Windows 2000 VMs with the Buslogic driver. After it's installed, I add a small disk to SCSI ID 1:0 (which adds a second SCSI controller). I set this second controller as LsiLogic and power on the VM. The LsiLogic adapter is then detected, and the LsiLogic driver you referred can be installed. After that, I power down the VM, remove the small disk and change the first SCSI controller to LsiLogic.

Paulo

0 Kudos
radu_dinut
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It worked, Paulo. Thanks.

0 Kudos