VMware Cloud Community
Mango96701
Contributor
Contributor

Need 64bit version of Linux VM

I'm looking to create a Linux VM but have been finding it difficult to find a site that will allow me to download RHEL5 64bit. I see sites that allow for CENTOS , Debian, Fedora...not certain if any of them have 64bit versions but even so, they aren't formally on the list of supported Linux Guests. Could they be installed anyway?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Really just about any flavor Linux should be fine -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
Borja_Mari
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

CentOS works pretty well.

It's supported in some versions and additionally it's binary compatible with RHEL that is supported in many versions too.

Definitely i recommend you using CentOS Smiley Happy

Regards/Saludos,
Pablo

Please consider awarding

any helpful or corrrect answer. Thanks!! -

Por favor considera premiar

cualquier respuesta útil o correcta. ¡¡Muchas gracias!!

Virtually noob blog

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PLEASE CONSIDER AWARDING any HELPFUL or CORRECT reply. Thanks!! Por favor CONSIDERA PREMIAR cualquier respuesta ÚTIL o CORRECTA . ¡¡Muchas gracias!! VCP3, VCP4, VCP5-DCV (VCP550), vExpert 2010, 2014 BLOG: http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/VirtuallyAnITNoob
0 Kudos