VMware Cloud Community
Nho
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Migrate VMs from EsX 2.5 to Cluster EsX 3.0.2

Hello,

I have recently bought a new VmWare infrastructure based on EsX 3.0.2 and VC 2.0.1 and I would like to migrate my old VMs running on my old EsX 2.5 server to the new infrastructure.

I have tried to use Converter but it returns me it is not possible to use it for EsX 2.5 version 😕

I have also tried to connect my old EsX server to the new Virtual Center in order to progress with a cold migration but it seems to stop at 100% (do not continue to the complete status)

My new infra is fully registered and functionnal for vmotion, with a san attachment.

Can someone help me plz ?

Thx for reply,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dfgl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

We use esxMigrator by Vizioncore - have migrated 100 guests so far without a hitch - If I remember correctly you can get an eval version for a few test migrations.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EGRAdmin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I believe if you add your old ESX 2.5 servers to your new VC 2.0.1 you can use another process called "DMotion" to migrate those systems.

This is a hot running process so you can move them while the Hosts are online.

I'll dig up some documentation for you.

dfgl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

We use esxMigrator by Vizioncore - have migrated 100 guests so far without a hitch - If I remember correctly you can get an eval version for a few test migrations.

0 Kudos
Nho
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

wellwellwell...

It seems I made some mistakes with my Converter :-x

Now it is working properly from 2.5 to 3.0 with Converter... Great ^^ !!

Anyway thx for all your advices it is very interisting to know several ways Smiley Happy

0 Kudos