VMware Cloud Community
blackburried
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Mac OSX guest in Windows or linux

It looks like a Mac OSX Guest isn't an option. I stuck an OSX install disk on my system, and it doesn't look to be iso9660 or even HGFS.... will there be the possibility of a MAC OSX guest on non-apple hardware?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
virtualdud3
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I know Apple recently changed their tune and now allow you to run an instance of Leopard within a VM, but I think at this point it is only on Apple hardware.

http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/10/31/os.x.server.on.vm/

There are some OS X VMs out there, but they aren't in compliance with the OS X licensing agreement.

###############

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

############### Under no circumstances are you to award me any points. Thanks!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
virtualdud3
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I know Apple recently changed their tune and now allow you to run an instance of Leopard within a VM, but I think at this point it is only on Apple hardware.

http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/10/31/os.x.server.on.vm/

There are some OS X VMs out there, but they aren't in compliance with the OS X licensing agreement.

###############

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

############### Under no circumstances are you to award me any points. Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

will there be the possibility of a MAC OSX guest on non-apple hardware?

No.

As the previous poster noted, Apple has recently decided to allow virtualization of Leopard server (not their client/desktop OS), and only when the hypervisor is running on Apple hardware. It's also worth noting that despite this recent announcement, to my knowledge neither VMware nor any of our competitors has actually shipped any products yet that actually include Leopard Server guest support.

0 Kudos