VMware Cloud Community
OlivierTremolie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Lost network connectivity

Hi all,

I'm working on ESX 3.0.1 Build 32039 and VM Windows 2003 / Windows 2003 x64.

Sometime, without error in event logs, my VM loose network connectivity and so loose my domain. The only solution for the moment is to reboot de VM.

Does someone have an experience in this problem ?

Thank you

Olivier

Olivier ############### If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
8 Replies
VMKR9
Expert
Expert

Do you have up to date vm tools installed?

0 Kudos
OlivierTremolie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes ! In the VI Client, VMWare Tools is Ok and the build is 32039. I suppose it is the last version...

Olivier ############### If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
Rob_Bohmann1
Expert
Expert

Um, ... 32039 is the original 3.01 build release. There have been a few Smiley Wink patches since then, some which fixed bugs related to vm network connectivity. I would take a look at the patches and look them over to see which ones you want to apply. The latest version of vmware-esx-tools is over 40000, forget the exact build number at the moment.

0 Kudos
MR-T
Immortal
Immortal

32039 is the original release of 3.0.1. I'd suggest you apply at least some of the 34 patches available which might help.

Message was edited by: Slow links from the uk!! Someone's already said much the same thing.

MR-T

OlivierTremolie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ok.

Where can I download vmware-esx-tools ? I'm looking for them but I only see Patch 1 and Patch 2 for Virtual Infrastructure Client. I certanly don't look at the good place.

Olivier

0 Kudos
VMKR9
Expert
Expert

get all the downloads from http://www.vmware.com/download/vi/

0 Kudos
OlivierTremolie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, but VMWare Tools is include in ESX Patch or Virtual Center patch ?

Olivier

0 Kudos
Rob_Bohmann1
Expert
Expert

Vmware tools are part of the ESX patches.