VMware Cloud Community
Galvao
Contributor
Contributor

IP conflict on a new guest windows 2000

I use VI3 and Virtual Center 2.0

I installed a new guest Windows 2000 with the original Microsoft CD.

In the middle of installation I received the message of IP conflict. (how ? I didn´t defined the address yet ???)

This machine is plugged in a VirtualSwitch that I did not connected phisically at no one net. It is the only one machine in this Virtual Switch.

Should be this conflict between the mac address of virtual switch and the guest lan adapter ? (I think no. I deleted the guest lan adapter e create one other with new mac. Did not work. I changed the IP Address too)

How can I see the Virtual Switch mac Address ?

Anyone knows how can I fix it ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
virtualdud3
Expert
Expert

I'm not entirely sure that the vSwitch has a mac address (if I'm wrong, I would love for someone to correct me).

What you are saying doesn't make much sense. Are you absolutely sure that the VM is connected to a vSwitch that isn't connected to any physical NICs/uplinks?

What happens if you statically configure an IP (rather than DHCP)?

###############

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

############### Under no circumstances are you to award me any points. Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
Galvao
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I´m absolutely sure. The Virtual Switch is linked to a phisical NIC but this NIC is not connet to any phisical LAN.

I tried DHCP and many IP addresses without sucess. I tried to boot, reinstall the guest OS. Crazy !

I don´t know where is the conflict.

0 Kudos