VMware Cloud Community
f_gaviria
Contributor
Contributor

IIS on one of my virtual guess will not start

Good morning

I have 2 of my guess server running on 2 different esx boxed.

on one server which can start IIS i am getting an error message that refers to: 2146893818.

On the other i get the following message: Error 8: Not enoght storage is availalbe to process this command.

Have any of you experince any of this?

Please HELP

0 Kudos
7 Replies
cody_bunch
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Do the VM's have free disk and memory available to them?

~Cody Bunch

-Cody Bunch http://professionalvmware.com
0 Kudos
f_gaviria
Contributor
Contributor

Cody Thanks for your quick response.

Yes they have plenty of Memory and Hardrive Space

0 Kudos
espi3030
Expert
Expert

f_gaviria,

I had some storage problems with a server, my quick fix was to run VMware Converter on it and I changed my drive size to something larger. Then I deleted the original server after I verified the new one was running properly. Hope this helps

0 Kudos
f_gaviria
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks much for your response.

Even though the error message states that there's not enoght space to process the command. There is no issue on space on this virtual server. Any other ideas

0 Kudos
espi3030
Expert
Expert

The size increase was specific to my case. Perhaps you can use VMware converter and maintain disk size. Or have you tried cloning the server?

0 Kudos
f_gaviria
Contributor
Contributor

espi,

just curious. Why use the vMware convertes. and when cloning the server, would dns complain about this server. again if i have to go and use this approach, i will. however there was a lot of configurations done of this virtual produstion server. by clonning it do you think is safe when put back inot production.

0 Kudos
espi3030
Expert
Expert

Well, VMware converter is usually used to convert a physical server to virtual. But it has other uses, like my problem (extending the harddrive size) and possibly yours. I was able to use converter to in a sense "Re-do" my SQL server, I have also cloned several VM's and as long as the original and the clone are not on at the same time I have not had any DNS issues.

0 Kudos