VMware Cloud Community
wizard948
Contributor
Contributor

I CAN'T CREATE A VITRUAL MACHINE

Hi guys i recently installed vmware on a IBM X3400 THE INSTALLATION WAS FINE I WAS ABLE TO LOG ON TO THE SERVER

I DOWNLOAD THE INFRASTRUCTURE CLIENT. EVERYTHING WENT FINE UNTIL I CREATED A VITRUAL MACHINE, I KEPT GETTIN A ERROR MESSAGE.

I HAVE ATTACH TWO PRINT SCREEN COULD YOU PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AND TELL ME WHAT IM DOING WRONG .

kervin
0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

The issue is your ESX server is not seeing the approiate licenses - I assume you re using the free ESXi version. It is free but you will still need to obtain the approriate base license (which is free) - Once you have that you will need to install the approriate licensing information or at least set the licensing to evaluation mode - check out ESX Server 3i Installable Setup Guide on the documents for more detailed informaiton on licensing and how to apply the licenses - if you could please provide a screen shot from the VI CLient of the configuration tab with licensing selected under software -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal

I WOULD FIRST RECOMMEND REPAIRING YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY, IT APPEARS TO BE DEFECTIVE

--Matt

--Matt VCDX #52 blog.cowger.us
0 Kudos
williambishop
Expert
Expert

I was just going to bring that up. Beat me to the punch!

--"Non Temetis Messor."
0 Kudos