surferdave
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Greatplains 10.0 and Business Portal 4.0 issues on ESX

Over the course of the week, we have upgraded our physical server running SQL 2005, Greatplains 9, Windows Sharepoint Services (WSS) 2.0 and Business Portal (BP) 3.0 to Greatplains 10, WSS 3, and BP 4.0. After the upgrade, we were unable to get BP working correctly. We have a Microsoft consultant on hand to troubleshoot and she even had to call the MS Business Solutions center.

Microsoft wanted to point to the server as not having enough resources. I have an HP blade server ESX cluster running 3.0. The physical server had 3GB RAM, Win2003 Server Standard, and some local hard drives. I figured it was time to get the server virtual even though there is nothing wrong with the physical server (HP Proliant DL380 G4).

Now Microsoft is coming back and saying there is a problem with the way that ESX handles the memory inside the virtual machine and it effects BP. Of course, after converting the server to virtual no one even knew what had happened since the same problem followed after the conversion.

Has anyone seen an issue with running Greatplains 10 and BP 4 in a virtual environment? I figure it is just a typical MS excuse to blame the hardware guy when it is their software causing the problem.

0 Kudos
0 Replies