VMware Cloud Community
prathi
Contributor
Contributor

Error while deploying new VM

Hi,

I have found an error "The specified key, name, or identifier already exists" while deploying new VM from the template.

Please help me and let me know if anyone needs details.

-Prathi

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ctfoster
Expert
Expert

The first fix for this is to run the command below from the console - if that doesn't work get back.

service mgmt-[vmware|http://www.ashbaughonline.com/2007/12/17/the-specified-key-name-or-identifier-already-exists/#] restart

0 Kudos
prathi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks ctfoster for your reply.

But I have 8 ESX hosts(3.0.2) on the cluster. I want to know on which ESX host I need to restart this service(mgmt-vmware) and if I restart this, is all VM's will restart? Let me know please.

Generally I will deploy VM from a template using the option VM's&templates in VIC.

0 Kudos
ctfoster
Expert
Expert

Restarting the management service should not effect the running VM.s. Where are the templates stored ? Are on storage local to a host - if so that host would be a good start.

0 Kudos
ctfoster
Expert
Expert

..also the esx host will be shown on the summary tab of the template object in VI console. I should have added.

0 Kudos
prathi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot for the quick resolution you have provided. Restarting the mgmt-vmware on the host on which the template is residing has worked out fine. Now the VM has been deployed without any issues. Thanks once again.

0 Kudos