VMware Cloud Community
ITServices
Contributor
Contributor

ESX 3.5 update 2 and Windows 2008 supprt

Can anyone explain what means this from vmware site about vmware support for w2k8:

Guest operating system customizations and Microsoft Cluster Server (MSCS) are not supported with Windows Server 2008.

?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

sysprepping of a windows 2008 vm when cloned or deployed from template is not supported and microsoft clustering between 2 windows 2008 is noit supported

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
ITServices
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, what that means "is not supported"? How will VMWare know what is installed in the virtual machine running Windows 2008? That "is not supported" means - because we have our own clustering technology we just decided to write a note that MSCS is not supported? In what way is not supported?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

in the way of "if you run into problems with this set up we don't have to help you out when it breaks"

Duncan

My virtualisation blog:

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos
beckhamk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I really have to rant about vmware on this one... I find it extreamly disturbing that vmware will support win2008, but not the customization. It should never be supported until that is available. I mean seriously, for the money we pay all guest customization should be available.

0 Kudos