VMware Cloud Community
ikotb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESX 3.5 new VM files server?

I currently have share drive pulled from a phisical DC ...I have a Dell MD3000i I'd like to create a VM file server with have 2 NICs so users can pull their files from that SAN via that server that I want to create and I have about 60 users will this perform okay? Need some inputs if you have done this

Thx

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bradley4681
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

it a normal world it should work fine, but it all depends on the users, the file sizes, the frequency, and the connection between the users and the file server. I'm running file servers with TB's of data and 1000's of users on vm's without any issues, but the san and server are all in the same building as 75% of the users and they all have 1GB connections to the network.

Cheers,

Bradley Sessions

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Cheers! If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bradley4681
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

it a normal world it should work fine, but it all depends on the users, the file sizes, the frequency, and the connection between the users and the file server. I'm running file servers with TB's of data and 1000's of users on vm's without any issues, but the san and server are all in the same building as 75% of the users and they all have 1GB connections to the network.

Cheers,

Bradley Sessions

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Cheers! If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
ikotb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I should be fine i guess...

Thanks

0 Kudos